Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend.
HOUSTON (PRWEB) March 06, 2020
It began in 2011. A decade later, the Houston Modern Home Tour continues to highlight a new selection of curated local homes that embody Eastern Texas’s unique modern architecture and design aesthetic every year. Some tourgoers come in search of an architect or home builder to work with on their next project; others come with hopes to find a little inspiration. Whatever the motivations may be, all tourgoers are sure to get a first-hand look at Houston’s finest modern homes year after year.
On Saturday, March 28, the Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS) returns for the 10th anniversary Houston Modern Home Tour, presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants and sponsored by RAM Windows. The 2020 event will give local architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work directly to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions as they explore some of Houston’s best modern homes inside and out.
“The Houston Modern Home Tour is our second-longest-running tour. It is one of the main pillars of the entire Modern Home Tour series,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “We are so excited to celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. We look forward to what the next decade has in store for us in the amazing, inspiring, and increasingly diverse modern architecture and design of Houston.”
The curating process is ongoing. Participants in the 10th anniversary Houston Modern Home Tour so far include:
- A modern home on a small Montrose lot, designed by 2Scale Architects, filled with amazing artwork that gives the home a true life of its own
- A modern home elevated several feet because it is located in the flood plain of the Braeswood Place neighborhood, designed by studioMET
- A home designed by On Point Custom Homes in the Boulevard Oaks neighborhood that is not only modern, but also ADA compliant
- A smart and efficient LEED-certified prefab construction home, designed by Intexure Architects + Boxprefab (who have participated in nine of the first 10 Houston Modern Home Tours!), located in the Rice Military neighborhood
- A modern home designed by Scott Ballard in the Upper Kirby neighborhood that features a roof deck with jacuzzi and outdoor kitchen
- A second modern home from stu- dioMET, engineering by BEC Engineers and Consultants, that just completed construction in the Montrose neighborhood and features a perfect outdoor living space for Houston summers
- A brand-new high-end modern home in River Oaks that sports a floating spiral staircase and European garden courtyard, designed by refuGe Design Studio and built by Fifty Seventh + 7th by Carnegie Homes
Returning this year as volunteer support and beneficiary is University of Houston’s American Institute of Architecture Students chapter. Students will help staff the event, in return for a donation to the school’s program and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle, while also contributing volunteer hours and making connections in their field.
The 10th anniversary Houston Modern Home Tour is presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants and sponsored by RAM Windows. Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 10 & Up are invited to attend. Details on participants can be found at http://www.houstonmodernhometour.com.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!
Share article on social media or email: