PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) December 18, 2019
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC (RCCB), a law firm offering a distinctive combination of practical business acumen, legal expertise and entrepreneurial passion, continues to thrive through its commitment to offering sophisticated legal counsel that empowers the ambitions of its clients. Building on its successes of past years, RCCB expanded its practice areas served, offered new competencies and continued to add exceptional talent. In 2019, eight attorneys joined the firm bringing the current team to 62 lawyers and administrative staff. RCCB’s strategy has been validated through rankings, awards and the increasingly complex work entrusted to the firm by its clients during the past year.
“2019 was a banner year for RCCB, and it is important we take a moment to recognize all those who have contributed to our success to date,” said John E. Royer, Jr., Managing Partner of RCCB. “It is an honor to work alongside this team of stand-out attorneys, who all deeply believe in our strategy and mission. This year, we showcased our sophisticated expertise on a national and international stage and saw our firm grow in headcount by approximately 15%. All of this has strengthened our reputation in the Philadelphia region, New York City and the industries we serve nationwide.”
Some noteworthy highlights from 2019 include:
- Expansion of practice areas with new partners: RCCB launched the Trademarks & Brands Group with the addition of Donna A. Tobin. Additionally, Richard A. Siegal brought his expertise in ESOPs, trusts and estates and tax to expand the Corporate & Business, Private Client Services and Tax Groups. The Private Client Services Group also expanded with Dirk M. Simpson joining the firm. Meanwhile, Jonathan M. Grosser helped bolster the Real Estate Group, greatly enhancing RCCB’s capabilities to serve a growing list of real estate developer clients and investors.
- Firm Growth: Through the addition of eight lawyers, RCCB greatly expanded its overall depth and breadth. Its Corporate & Business, Litigation, Private Client Services, Real Estate and Tax Groups all added highly esteemed talent including the partners named above to provide exceptional counsel to its clients.
- Philadelphia Office Expansion: To account for some of its growth, RCCB expanded its Philadelphia footprint by increasing square footage by approximately 50 percent in its Two Logan Square office.
- Greater Regional Involvement: RCCB partners and attorneys spoke at more than 25 regional and national events on topics ranging from tax, banking & financial services to real estate and cannabis. RCCB also launched an Opportunity Fund team, bringing together RCCB lawyers in different practice areas and industry participants to educate those interested in the newly created federal Opportunity Zone program, which allows investment into selected economic development areas on a tax-free and tax-deferred basis. The team hosted, ran and participated in numerous panels and held semi-monthly phone calls discussing relevant topics based on industry developments throughout the year. In another new event, RCCB partnered with Impact PHL, Social Venture Circle and the Angel Venture Fair to launch the Social Impact Entrepreneur Summit, an event focused on impact entrepreneurship, whereby entrepreneurs positively impact their communities and provide substantial financial returns for investors.
- Sophistication on a National and International Scale: As President of the Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Neil A. Cooper, Executive Partner, led a team of delegates, including large regional corporations, investors and other business leaders, on a business development mission to Israel, and Partner Roger Braunfeld led another trip of high level local business people there as well. Partner David Gitlin traveled to Israel on multiple occasions for business development and legal work and also participated with Partner Dustin Covello in an international legal conference in Italy, where Gitlin contributed to a venture capital panel directed to international law firms. Partners Barry L. Cohen and Donna A. Tobin participated in international trademark and IP conferences. Firm lawyers also took part in multiple high-profile events across the United States, including SXSW, MJBizCon and Global Corporate Venturing and Innovation.
- Awards & Rankings: A number of RCCB lawyers were recognized in 2019 for the way in which they work with their clients. Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America© and The Philadelphia Business Journal all featured individual attorney honors, while The Philadelphia Inquirer named RCCB to its Best Places to Work list. RCCB was also recognized as a Top 20 IP Litigation firm in The Philadelphia Business Journal.
“RCCB provides impressively sophisticated counsel,” said Royer. “It is not just the type of work we do, but how we work with our clients that sets RCCB apart from other firms, both large and small. The entrepreneurial approach and creative thinking we deliver resonates with our clients and the lawyers on our team.”
Looking ahead to 2020, RCCB will continue to empower the ambitions of its clients. In doing so, the firm expects to continue adding talented lawyers looking for an alternative to “big law,” further increase its full-service offering, and continue solving complex challenges for the clients it serves.
About Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC
RCCB empowers your ambition. We are attorneys who think and act like entrepreneurs and business people. We combine sophisticated, cost-effective legal counseling with the type of sound practical judgment that comes from hands-on business experience. We encourage entrepreneurial approaches and creative thinking, while maintaining the utmost in integrity and responsiveness. RCCB understands and delivers the advice that companies, business executives and investors, as well as individuals and their families, need to realize their hopes and goals. From offices in the Greater Philadelphia area and New York, RCCB serves clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Additional information about Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld is available at http://www.rccblaw.com.
Neil A. Cooper, Esq.
Share article on social media or email: